This blog will chronicle my attempt to visit all 30 NBA Arenas during the 2007-08 season.

You can now post comments without signing up for an account. Just click on the comments link and select anonymous.

Contact info: Drew Cieszynski 2637 N. Frederick Ave. Apt# 106 Milwaukee, WI 53211 / 717.676.9963 / acieszyn@hotmail.com

Click below on "2007" to view the first 13 arenas.

Friday, November 2, 2007

The Final Countdown...

So here we are...hours away from the NBA Tour.
Although I started planning in August, it came up ridiculously fast (goes to show how quickly life moves when you're motivated about something.As I head out for this venture, I've set 10 goals for myself.

1) Foremost is to see a home game of ALL 30 NBA teams. Regular season games during the 2007-08. Who cares if you can do it in a lifetime. Challenge yourself and do it in a single year.

2) To appear on a national television broadcast regarding the NBA. This one stems from my mother laughing at the idea of me achieving this. Time to prove her wrong.

3) Make it to an NBA Finals game. The only way this one will occur is if the NBA helps me. Drawing attention to my tour is the only means of making this happen.

4) Receiving a handshake from NBA Commissioner David Stern and a Thank You for supporting for going all out as a fan of this sport. I want to be NBA Fan of the Year. I would prefer this happen at my final game in Milwaukee on April 12th, but I'll take it anytime.

5) Attend NBA all-star weekend. This one isn't in the budget...no way I can afford this, so the only way this one happens is if I receive some serious help.

6) Help the popularity of the NBA. I want fans to get back into the NBA again. Let's not make this sport an afterthought. I want it to return to its glory days during the Jordan era.

7) To change the perspective of one individual. I hope that someone who follows my tour will challenge him or herself to do something out of the ordinary, to not accept what seems to be the only option, and to think big.

8) To not ruin myself financially. My lifestyle probably violates every financial principle, so I'd love to pull this off and still be able to live to tell about it.

9) To make new friends around the country. The baseball tour provided me with several lasting friendships that i still actively keep in touch with today (& you'll soon see will facilitate the NBA tour in big ways).

10) Possibly the most desirable & most difficult goal will remain silent. If you follow my tour, it will likely reveal itself to you in time.

I can not begin to explain how nervous I am as the time is quickly approaching. On a daily basis I worry about the financial aspect and every other day I worry about the weather/transit. Flights to the various cities will surely be difficult to "go off without a hitch" when you live in the Milwaukee/Chicago region. Nothing else worries me at this point. I learned enough about the world during my baseball tour & I've got the drive to make everything else work.

I am probably most excited for my trips to Salt Lake City, Portland, and San Antonio as these will be first time visits to these cities and I will have the opportunity to explore a new place. I'm sure every city will have its own great experience however. Everyone always asks me "What is the best baseball stadium?" An impossible question. Each franchise has its own culture, its own people, and its own unique experience. I intend on sharing that will all who follow me on this tour.

As many of you already know, I've written to the NBA teams that comprise my first 7 games. I have received some correspondence from each. The Jazz, Sonics, Warriors, Kings, and 76ers have all offered support. The Celtics and TrailBlazers still have not given me any real answers, I'm hoping to hear back from them shortly. I start it all off this weekend in Salt Lake City, Utah where the Jazz take on the Warriors. I can not wait to land in the Mountain Time Zone on Friday night! This is just the beginning of what will surely be the greatest experience of my life…and possibly yours.

-Drew

2 comments:

Kyrsten said...

My husband & I saw you taking your picture at the Jazz game tonight! What a fun adventure you have ahead of you! Best of luck

Grandma&Pap said...

I only laughed when you said you would be on Jay Leno. Maybe with the writer's strike they will need some good material. Good luck, but most of all, HAVE FUN! Look forward to pictures!
MOM

About Me

My photo
Milwaukee, WI, United States